Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Let's Discuss DMA

A little background on me, I am a music major as well as a DMA major. Obviously graphic design is not my thing, but I have to take this class as part of the major requirement. I really want to get into more film and audio classes but I am starting to understand the purpose behind why a musician should take this. For one, it has been teaching me how to be more picky in every piece of art I do. I am also getting mroe adapt at using a Mac in general. To be honest, I am coming into this class knowing nothing about design and all I know about photoshop and illustrator was from my DMA 201 class, so it is pretty limited.
For color, I am learning about which colors I can use in other media to make my subject stand out more and to depict a mood. If I have a person in all dark clothing, putting them in a grey scale could depress the mood or putting them in a colorful background could make them stand out more and lighten up the mood. It could also depress the mood of the person while making the background more content.

This post will be edited as I learn more in this class...it is really just a reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment